Friday, June 09, 2006

Corner-ish shaped work desk















So this is my desk at my current work place. I didn't actually capture the left most or right most of the desk, otherwise there will be a clearer picture of my entire desk's workspace I have.

We sit 2 persons to a cubicle and it's opened in the middle, unlike the conventional ones which has only 1 open and sits 2 persons on the left and 2 persons on the right; and notice our partitions are relatively low in nature compared to most other floors or departments where the partitions go up to as high as an average person's neck. Low partitions are good for us as we can communicate (read : gossip & yacking away) freely to the persons on the other sides of the partition, etc.

Notice the presence of a relatively huge phone? Due to the nature of my job, hence reason for such a phone, but the ironic thing is, we hardly pounce on the other 21 option buttons on the right of the phone except for one - dialling; and another one for re-dialling the last number; so it still puzzles me to this day why we need such a huge phone with all the confusing buttons for.


When I first came in and saw how many buttons there were on the phone, I got really terrified coz I was thinking to myself how on earth will I be able to be competent enough to simply USE the darn phone! Luckily 2 buttons are the only ones I had to know *whew*

Also we get an flat screen monitor coz we had to do batch monitoring as well, though we have a dedicated workdesk just for batch monitoring just across the corridor (will snap a pic and post later on), we can actually opt to monitor batch jobs from our desk if we want - that's what one of the other team is doing right now.

Lately I've not been spending time at my desk at all as I had to do batch monitoring and next week will be the same. I missed my work desk and I enjoyed working at my desk yesterday when it was actually my off day, I just thought of doing up some work notes and organising them into files.

No comments: