Thursday, March 15, 2007

Swensen's @ QueensBay Mall

Met up for a nice shopping trip with my gal pals Ling and AC last Saturday @ QueensBay Mall, being an ice cream sucker as I am, and Ling having a full stomach of McD, we went for Swensen's coz I was very fond of their special ice cream delights back in the olden days when it was still on a Mount near Batu Ferringhi.
Sat down and scanned the menu...they only had the likes of pizzas and sandwiches as their meal offerings outside of their specialty - Ice Cream, so AC and I ordered a chicken and tuna sandwich each, and all 3 of us ordered ice cream :)

The sandwiches were normal - but the chips were pretty good I would say - nicely done, not too oily, not too brownish, not too salty.
AC had a 1-scoop butterscotch flavoured ice cream:-
Ling had a mango combo thingy going on:- And I ordered a good ol' Banana Split:- I was a bit disappointed on the ice cream quality - firstly they served my ice cream even before they served our sandwiches; and the ice creams tasted just normal like those from Wall's or Nestle - I thought that being a specialty ice cream parlour that they claim themselves to be, the least they could deliver was custom made ice cream or something?

Anyway, guess the only time I'm gonna go back there is when I feel like having a sizzling ice cream combo - that's cool - we saw a couple ordering that and AC sampled one of those before the last time she came - but some of her friends commented that it's all too sweet but it's tolerable for herself.

P/S : That's my super slim friend Ling paying the bill at the counter - poor Ling had a bike ram into her bumper today while doing a good deed of fetching me for lunch... sorry Ling! I hope your car will 'get well soon' - smile always ok? Let me know if you need any help...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ling is really super slim. very pretty...
Think she allow me to see her picture from the front?
hehe.....