Friday, October 21, 2005

Toshiba vs. Dell show down

Recovered the rare pics I hosted on photobucket of my previous Toshiba laptop and here's the comparison with my current new Dell:-






























Honestly I don't like my Dell that much.. simply coz it reminded me a lot of losing my Toshiba.. and simply coz I really took care of my Toshiba so well that it didn't bear any scratches of any kind on it, it was clean 95% of the time, and I really liked the way it made me feel - coz it's slim and sexy, black combined with silver which oozed a sense of style.

On the other hand, the Dell was so huge, it measured up to more than 4cms in thickness and it just says "I'm BULKY" all round.. the silver covers looked cheap and the overall outlook seemed all too CHOR LOR (un-fine).. the thing that pisses me off the most (other than the damn thickness of the thing) is the touch pad:-


















Any idot knows how to navigate the damn touchpad if they can own a freaking laptop! What's the point of having the stupid up-down left-right arrow pointers for?? stupid-shit.

Oh well the Dell does come with top-notch (at least to me they are top notch) specs, i've bundled it with Bluetooth as well and that's how i got those pics of my Dell posted here, they're taken with my Nokia 7610, transferred to my Dell.

Start-up and shut down time is really short (thank goodness) and that's what Toshiba cannot compare (maybe it's due to the RAM? Beats me).

All in all, I realised that I can't have the best of both worlds. There must always be some kind of compromise.

Toshiba - nice looking, slim, style; but slow
Dell - bulky, no style, but great specs

Thanks to my parents for being there to support me emotionally and financially for this Dell, and then thanks to my uncle also, for being generous in sponsoring this Dell. I am touched, so very touched. Thanks ya all. Love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

shall we trade? i dun mind better specs, for bulkier laptop.hehe.....happy 4 u that u haf a pc now !!!

Anonymous said...

bulky ka....'donate' to me then..kekekeke