Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Jakarta training trip

Ok.. here's my first back-dated post with photos on my recent training trip to Jakarta from June 2nd to 5th 2005. Note that all the photos that I'm posting does not contain any of my 'portraits' but rather sceneries and some shots I'd like to snap as rememberance.

Ok, we'll start off chronologically:-

I stayed at Nikko Hotel Jakarta in the heart of Jakarta (where else?). I was actually a bit shocked to have to go through all the security checkpoints located at every possible entrance to the hotel (and many other entertainment outlets/hotels with high foreginer patronage). Well, seems like they have just issued out a warning on suspected bombing in the heart of Jakarta right before I touched down (1st of June).

Anyway, I snapped some photos of Nikko Hotel's lobby (on different days) coz i just couldn't resist the elegant view of it:-

























































Even the restrooms within the hotel looks so nice, clean, fresh and tidy:-















Upon checking into our room, we had to quickly exit it again after putting down our luggages coz we were really starving for dinner and didn't return to our rooms until 2am, after a night's out of drinks at another hotel (which we went through another round of security check-point), so here's the room's view, goodness I really loved my room coz it was really spacious and don't forget to check out the bathroom...











































Yup.. so that's me taking the picture of the oh-so-beautiful bathroom complete with 2 sets of toiletries.. on the left there's the shower cube on outside the shower cube there's the toilet seat and on the right that's where the huge bath tub lies. Even the bathroom door is a huge and heavy solid wood one.. really posh...


Next while on the road we noticed a really tall monument right in the middle of a roundabout that is surrounded by fountains and it took me quite many attempts to finally get a clear shot of the fountain together with the monument in its full glorious light, apparently, according to the locals I was told that the monument cost USD 6 million and I just couldn't comprehend why the Indonesian government will want to pursue it at all; anyway I didn't forget to take another shot of the USD 6 mil monument during the day time of the same monument as well, just for clarity and comparison purposes:-
































On our next day, we were tired as hell and had sore legs from walking around touring our paper mills, highly lack of sleep really kicked in and we needed a body massage badly. But because it was getting late, the in-house spa centre in the hotel has 'run out of supplies' for their Balinese massage package and we opted for the Aromatherapy Massage instead, this is how the private room looks like before i took my massage:-














I also manage to take a picture of the very localised transport called 'tut-tut' as well, I was told that the very first batch of these 'tut-tut's were imported from Thailand as they first initiated this from of transportation but as time goes by, they (The Indons) are making their own now. The 'tut-tuts' are kinda like our local Trishaws but it's a bit dangerous I would say, judging the speed that these 'tut-tut's travel in, sliding in and out of traffic queues..















Finally, who can forget a trip to the shopping mall after working hours, and I took a shot of the spinning main door where they placed 2 maneqquines with haute couture on them........















Actually, these are just a portion of the photos I took during the trip, it's my first time there anyway... come to think of it, this is the first time i've been 'overseas' other than to Ozie last time..

*yawn*, it's getting late, i'm off to hit the sack now.. nite nite....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Hotel is very nice indeed. No wonder you fully enjoy yourself.