Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sicky Sick Sick

I'm sick. Been having sore throat since Sunday and then marathon cough; and now developed into flu. All in 3 days. WOW.

Wow's definitely not the word. BOO-HOO is.

I hate getting sick, especially it's always Milo 3-in-1 type, i.e. you get all in one go : Flu, Cough, Sore Throat and Fever (that's 4 but max an average person can get is 3 so I call it 3-in-1 Milo syndrome). Anyhow I'm glad I didn't get stuck with fever coz I'm still gonna attend my bf's pal's wedding dinner tomorrow nite.

Not forgetting my shopping trip with my girl frens on Saturday. There's this Bumper thingy by CLEO going on this Saturday at Gurney Plaza and I ain't gonna miss it coz I bought the freaking Nov edition just to get some goodie bags there!

As of now i'm feeling a bit sleepy.. no, no, let me put it this way, I've been feeling a very strong urge to sleep on my comfy bed eversince 10am this morning, after my first dose of medication. I should've taken the freaking MC that the doctor offered. The conversation went like this:-

Doc : Do you need an MC for tomorrow?

Me : (acting noble and all) : Nah I can handle it................. err... will the medication make me sleepy?

Doc : Not if you move around during working hours...

Me : Ok then no need lah since I haven't got much to do in the office anyway

I think nobody in their right mind will turn down a doctor-offered-MC, unless they're really dedicated to their work or they've got tight deadlines to meet.

Actually there are 2 reasons behind my "rejection" to the MC.

1 is because the last time I visited this doctor I requested for an MC (I was also sick that time but maybe not on the serious side) and I said something along the lines of "If you're giving me then I take loh" but he shot me back saying "So you want an MC or not?" and I said yes. (or no........ ahhhh... I can't really recall) I don't want to come across to people as if I wanna use some excuse just to get an MC from the doctor, then not having to go to work.

2 is because my mom is back and if I take MC for today means my condition is still not looking good and I wanted to attend the wedding dinner tomorrow nite, I'm concerned if she's not gonna let me go, saying that if I'm sick and needed an MC means I'm not well enough to be out and about yet.

So here I am, working my ass in the office and it's 5:30pm now! Yoo hooo! 30 more minutes to go.

I gotta get my dress out for ironing coz I'll be wearing it to the dinner tomorrow :)

Chao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do take good care. I hope you get well soon. Speedy recovery !

jadephoenix said...

I'm well now thanks for your kind concern. Morale of the story is : Always seek medical attention when an illness is an its early stage. DO NOT WAIT. :)

Check out my new posts!