Friday, April 27, 2007

Food Loft @ Gurney Plaza

Went and had dinner with Datuk K and Hui for Hui's farewell... she's leaving the company (my company) to embark on a better opportunity and Datuk K and myself would like to have a nice dinner with her... and so they've decided on Food Loft... I must admit that the ambience itself is undeniably cosy, upmarket with clean lines.. it's a nice place to have a cosy dinner and chit chat with some friends.

This is only the second time I set foot at Food Loft... the first time KC and her gf treated me to a nice meal after helping them out on a few translation documents... I had a pretty tough time after consuming the thick slab of cod fish... and let's not get into that now...

After much time spent in deciding on what to order, finally we settled down with each of our main course, and ordered 2 side stuff to be shared amongst all of us...

Hui had her favourite Spaghetti Carbonara.. with added cheese on the order itself, and she helped herself with more added cheese after that.....

Datuk K had a nice Chinese style Chicken Noodles...
While I had my favourite Spaghetti Marinara myself....
The 2 side dishes were the steamded dumplings, and my recommendation of Peking Duck...
The dumplings were a tad too salty, but everyone complimented the Peking Duck as a good choice... of course lah! You must see who recommended it! ;-)

The drinks were nothing to write home about, they're practically ready-made and stored in the fridge (so un-fresh) and Datuk K's Aloe Vera drink didn't taste good at all (he's my guinea pig before I went ahead and ordered one myself, after tasting a marvellous one back in Jakarta last time)
Overall, the food were not bad as all of us did enjoy our meals but not the drinks though.

laiming to achieve the "Trendy and upscale international dining concept", the Food Loft strives to do just that by utilising an order card thingy for each customer and they will bring along this card to the open kitchens which serve a variety of food from Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Western, Nyonya, etc; and hand over the card to the attendant for order locking into the system.

End of the day, customers just bring the order card to the cashier for payment. If you lose the card, you must pay them RM 50! (This is actually written between the fine lines at the back of the card) Honestly I think this is a total waste of time, but Datuk K thinks that this is pretty innovative (well that's four thousand and one differences identified so far)
Hui and I went to the washroom and I was pretty impressed! Chandellier lights (don't care it's real or fake) hanging from the ceiling of a washroom?
And one of the contemporary water taps have become 'crooked'.... but still functioning!
The views I took from the window seat where our table was.............. Ahhh.... good ol' Gurney Drive....
More pics of Gurney Drive at night (Yep I was basically there during the evening inside Gurney Plaza and sitting outside along Gurney Drive the very same night)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i so miss gurney drive...