Saturday, April 21, 2007

New Lane Hawkers

Had a slightly early dinner at New Lane last Saturday... and as usual, the place was getting busier by the minute..

Since we were early, we managed to grab hold of a bowl of porridge that normally sells out by 8pm or somtimes before that..

Good porridge this was.......

And I was thinking... it has been a long time since I had Char Kuey Teow, so I ordered one after verifying again and again with my bf that this stall's is not bad....However, the moment I saw my Char Kuey Teow, I knew it wasn't gonna taste good (I'm that good in looking at food ok? Especially my favourites)

And indeed, it did not taste good AT ALL - what a disappointment, to think that quite a few outstation people actually recommended this Char Kuey Teow stall -_-

We ordered Batu Maung satay as well... and my bf argued with the lady that this is not Batu Maung satay and was in the midst of insisting she exchange it with real Batu Maung satays (coz the stall sells the normal satay and Batu Maung satay) - but I told him this IS batu maung satay and only then he let go of his 'bite' on the lady... haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

satay, charkoayteow, even the porridge looks good.....
oh the good ol' new lane...
thanks for the pix