Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sakae Sushi @ QueensBay Mall

Went and had early dinner with some co-workers from neighbour team during dinner break at 430pm @ Sakae Sushi.. that was the first time and how nice as all of us ordered different things! The whole place was practically deserted with only 2 tables other than us :)


Interior of the place..
This is the Teppanyaki station...
We order our food through the computer located at each table - you can browse the real menu first, and then order through the computer - everything from a la carte to sushis and teppanyakisGlancing through the history of Sakae Sushi (?) Cute saucers
Wasabi and soy sauce.. too bad they don't have sweet soy sauce that Sushi King offers
The green tea is DIY though... but they allow you to DIY in refills via the hot water tap thingy at each table.. so you don't have to go through the pain of getting someone to refill them, like what we always have to do at Sushi King..
This is the Chicken rice thingy..
Kimchi beef ramen...
Cold ramen set that comes with Tempura..Breaking and dropping the egg...
Stir vigorously...
and finally my beef ramen...


I'd say that the a la carte items were actually much tastier than I expected it to be.. and the sushis were not as good as those at Sushi King's... I sampled all of the other rice/ramen except the cold ramen which I will never order because it's cold.....

I loved the soup base of the Kimchi ramen... the Chicken rice thingy was really fragrant when it first landed on the table itself... and all throughout the eating process as well... and my own Beef ramen was not bad as well... I must say that I was never fond of ramen coz the ones that those authentic Japanese restaurants serve is mostly very big in portion and contains a lot of stuff which I do not like to eat... not sure the veggie names but I didn't like them at all.. and most of the soup were just plain and the ramens' texture not to my liking.. but these ones were actually pretty suited to my likings :)


Argghhh... all these food posts are making my stomach growling, and I've only done 3 food posts so far! One more to go before I sign off for the night and hit the sack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah, the japs getting high tech alr with the flat screens....
i think it's a cool touch to the nice ambience.