Friday, September 23, 2005

Argh! I hate paper cuts!

Cut my left pointing finger (finger next to the thumb) the other day from the damn paper at work and Dorene was nice enough to save me with a tiger-designed band aid (that's what she said).
I never had any of these fancy-designed band aid before and it's kinda cute :) though it doesn't seem to have sufficient "medicated" portions to it - especially in the middle.
But be cautious coz the above is a wrong way to band aid a person's wounded finger coz it prevents blood from circulating to the tip of the finger, see below:-
see how 'pale' the portion that was previously being band aid-ed look?
Nasty, nasty cut.. tsk tsk tsk... I hate paper cuts for 2 simple reasons:-

1. It disrupts all my daily activities - wearing my contact lens, washing my hands, bathing myself, washing my hair - very important, etc etc..... coz it hurts whenever it kena water

2. It takes time to heal and it will ONLY heal if I protect it from all the evils like water, dirt and what not.

After 2 whole days of taking good care of it (which made me skip my hair washing session, making my hair stink), finally it healed! Tada!!! I happily washed my hair this morning :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

uewk...! why do you ever have to make upclose pics of the cut? gross...yday i straight away got 3 cuts on my second finger of my right hand with a knife while cooking. can u beat to that? tehehe....

jadephoenix said...

hello! i Dun wanna beat to that ok? so is your finger ok? eh u hafta heed my advice and not let it kena water or anything so it'll heal faster, chai bo??

Anonymous said...

aiyo....too late d....already kena lemon juice, then fresh garlic juice....all kena while cooking d....luckily nobody kena poisoned. kekeke....
how's your finger? healed d bo?

jadephoenix said...

healed oledi.. thank u... :) u wan a close up shot? haha...

Anonymous said...

now it's my turn. while i was cutting tomatoes, i almost "chopped" off my finger. now it's bandaged. worse was that the color of the tomato juice was the same like my blood. all gushing out. and then followed by a cardboard (paper) cut on the next finger. gotta heal soon though.:p