Saturday, September 03, 2005

Not always a good thing to be "considered"

A lady named "Lisa" (ring a bell? =) from Jobstreet called yesterday during my working hours, and asked if it was convenient for me to talk at the moment, well of course it obviously wasn't, considering the fact that my colleague and manager were within close vicinity and so I suggested a time later last night for her to call, but she said she'll call at 9, of which is a.m. or p.m. is unknown to me, since I turned down the volume of my mobile so the content of the conversation will not be heard.

After work, my manager asked us to join in for dinner with one of the people from the complaint dept from corporate office so we went for dinner at Siam Express, Gurney Plaza then headed onto Honolulu for an unwinding session of wine (or was it whisky?) the whole nite I was a bit anticipating the call but it never came and so I thought Lisa was talking about calling me tomorrow (Saturday), and i set my alarm to go off at 8:45am just so I could wake myself up in time to pick up the call. Out of curiosity, I checked my phone back for her number and surprising to see that it's a KL land line number, so I thought to myself : probably it's a call on behalf of the "Advertiser" to ask me for an interview? Considering that my application status for the job was "Under Consideration".

So by now you would've guessed it - the call never came even this morning at 9 am, and I was pretty pissed coz i slept around 1:30am and now I've gotta wake my lazy bum up for nothing! So I went back to sleep after 9:45am and thought to myself : maybe she meant Monday 9 am? I can only find out on Monday then *shucks*

Anyway, so I went back to MyJobstreet and logged into my account to have a look at the stats of the job i applied for, and this is what is showed:-

Note : Look carefully at these 2 stats:-

Total : 119

Total Under Consideration : 117

Application : Under Consideration

What the hell?

The night before it just showed 40 under consideration and all of a sudden the hiring person decides that everybody except for 2 unfortunate applicants do not deserve to be "considered". Hah! And for a while I thought my application proved to deserve the "considered" status. *eyes rolled*

Kiss the "Under Consideration" goodbye coz it ain't real! It's fake! For goodness' sake! n I so wanna kiss LISA goodbye too..

Shove it behind my back for now coz i'm gonna take a nice shower and go hang out, it's Saturday!!

No comments: