Thursday, September 22, 2005

Dome Cafe Gurney Plaza

It's always nice to be able to pamper ourselves once in a while, to some good food, good atmosphere, good shopping, good massage, good vacation or outing, and so many more. One of the privileges I consider is to dine at Dome Cafe, seriously.

Why you ask? Coz it's freaaaaakiiinnng expensive that's why! Don't you know? On average a 2-person meal costs around RM 70-RM 80 (including taxes and what not) so to me, that's even more than what we're paying to dine at The Ship (which we consider quite a privilege as well) That said, the food tastes really nice so I guess that somehow reimbursed our mentality on the costli-ness of it.
Anyway, we didn't see the Durian shake thingy still on promotion so we asked the waiter and he said 'yeah, still got' and his facial expression was as if saying "you mean there are ppl who wanna order that?" So I went for a cranberry cooler and a creamy seafood spaghetti while my bf ordered a durian shake with a flagship Dome chicken pie.

Let's check out the drinks!

L : Cranberry Cooler, R : Durian Shake

Upclose look on the Durian shake: (This is dedicted to siew moi moi)

I'm still insisting that the shake must be made from real durian flesh and not from ice cream but my bf is also, still insisting that it's made from durian ice cream (the one from Nestle some more), coz it tastes so gooey and thick and all, just as if it's made from durian flesh!!!

Next, my creamy seafood came and boy, was I glad to be hungry coz I don't think I can finish the whole thing coz it's too filling - the cream and all, though it tastes oh-so-perfect, seasoned well and the taste of seafood and its cream not too overpowering.

The flagship of Dome Cafe - Dome Chicken Pie came last but the pie was a little too cold so my bf immediately noticed it and I had a bite - not hot enough ok??? It should be hot, hot and hot with steam coming out of the thing! The word "Delicious" on the coaster just somehow doesn't seem to match the chicken pie.

All in all, we still had a great time there, enjoyed our food, he enjoyed his ample view of chicks walking past, coming in and all and I've always wanted to try more of what Dome has to offer. So far, I've tried its Wild Mushroom Soup before - nice and thick but never attempt to gulp it down if you have a shallow stomach, coz it's very rich and you gotta down it while it's still hot, else it will turn all muddy and gooey and you won't feel like touching it anymore.

I've tried its Spicy Olio as well, it's a variation of the usual spaghetti whereby the difference is that it comes out as spicy (I'm such a genius with words). I like it a lot, though it tends to leave behind loads of olive oil (virgin or not I'm not too sure).

Best of all, we didn't have to pay a single cent coz it's all paid by Visa. (MY Visa *eyes rolled*)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh boy oh boy.......it looks really really delicious man...thanks for the durian pic....already salivating and drooling, can't wait to have durians when i get back....:)
but you're right, dining at DOME is always expensive.