Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The ultimate Nasi Briyani - courtesy of Datuk K :)

Towards the end of the Puasa Month (Muslim Fasting month prior to Hari Raya), I had the privellege of tasting the best Nasi Briyani that Datuk K (actual name has been modified to protect the innocent :) bought me for my dinner:-

I just couldn't resist but to capture everything down (boy i'm glad I did, coz it's THAT good ok? must share with everyone)

This is how it looked like when Datuk K passed the "dinner package" to me:-















This is the overview content inside the package:-














Tis - the Turkey meat curry that Datuk K highly recommended:-














And tis - the side veggie curry














Check out the actual Nasi Briyani................














That comes with a hidden piece of mutton! (I love me mutton...............)














Step 1 : Heat up the turkey curry as instructed:-














Step 2 : Check out the veggie curry closeup:-














Step 3 : Who can miss checking out the turkey meat? Whoa!!!! Tender man!














Step 4 : Set aside a portion of nasi and chunky mutton

Step 5 : Dig in! (of course i'm not gonna show you how I eat)

After round 1:-














Hmmmm..... Not enough still... I wan some more of those turkey meat and curry!

Let's add in more rice for round 2:-














Within 5 minutes, around 2 is done! Tada!














Check out the amount of nasi briyani and mutton meat leftover.... and imagine.. I've whalloped so much already!

A VERY satisfying meal indeed.... and I was home alone that night.......... YUMMY! I'm definitely gonna have more of this stuff when puasa month comes again next year :D

Once again, thanks Datuk K! I really learnt a lot of new 'makan' places from you and thanks for this nice meal indeed


p/s : my grandma went and threw all my leftover nasi briyani out the next morning wihtout saying a word and without even asking me! Reason? She thought the colour of the rice is due to me putting overdose of curry the night before and assumed that it went stale already! And just threw everything away! And YES! there goes my favourite mutton!!!!!!!! :( I've since confessed to Datuk K but he was really kind enough to excuse me..err.. my grandma, how nice of him! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wahlau eh....i really missed those nasi kandar packed in double plastic bags with the kua and darn......that roti canai....*drool*