Wednesday, January 03, 2007

X'mas Eve Dinner @ Victoria Station's

I've been pretty much exhausted lately due to continuous hang outs and partying out til wee hours in the mornings, only catching up with sleep in the range of 3-4ams, sometimes waking up early, other times late in the noon and afternoon range :-S

But don't get me wrong - it's a Happy type of exhaustion as I'm enjoying the long holidays as I only went in to work on New Year's eve and am currently off til 5th of January! Whhoooopeeeeeeeeeeee!

I worked on Christmas Eve as well but had the privellege of being chauffered by my colleague to work and my bf fetching me after work so we can have a nice X'mas Eve dinner... we chose Victoria Station as it was the nearest to my office and by the time I finish work at 9pm it's the most rationale place to dig in, rather than risking the traffic to get into town and what not..

We ordered the Ala Carte as the X'mas Eve set dinner was priced at RM 75.90++ and we didn't think it's worth the price, even before we checked out the menu. Their Ala Carte menu has shrinked a bit due to X'mas Eve but they still had appropriate variety of offerings, I heard from my colleague that TGI Friday's only had one type of offering for each category like starters, soups, main poultry, main steak, and so on. It was THAT bad over at TGIF :-

We had:-

1/2 Dozen Escargots














The escargots tasted nice but I still preferred the ones at The Ship where the sauce was really really thick and full of flavour.

Indonesian Ox-Tail Soup (His)














I had to say the Ox Tail soup was thick and yummy but my bf commented that it could've been served hotter - which I agree - it sucks to have luke warm soups.

Manhattan Seafood Chowder (Mine)














I'm a bit disappointed by my seafood chowder coz this is what I normally order here and I recalled having a nice one the previous time around. This round, the seafood tasted weird though the variety was ample.

Rib-Eye Steak (His)














My bf enjoyed their rib eye steak the last time around but was disappointed to find quite a few parts of the steak raw - and I mean, totally raw, not the Medium type of raw coz he asked to have his steak done Medium.

Grilled Tiger Prawns (Mine)














Not much to complain on my prawns other than the fact that it's a bit too salty on the marinate side, though for such an extreme salty food eater like myself.

All in all, we were a bit disappointed with the food and level of service as we did not even have our cutlieries set up prior to the arrival of our food - not even after our starter escargoes and soups arrived. The bill came up to about RM 130+ and we thought that it's a bit too expensive for that kind of food quality. Looks like it's time to veer to Manhattan Fish Market or The Ship! :-)

Oh, and did I mention that the Honey Dew Juice they serve was actually a concentrated pure SUGAR drink? *Shrugs*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its spelt Escargot. :-P

jadephoenix said...

hmm... i actually knew that but assumed that the plural form is -oes, thanks for the pointer