Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Awwww.. It's Power Puff Girls! ~~ Tissue that is

Introducing one of my favourite cartoon character - The Power Puff Girls! I've been a really big fan of 'em since.. errmm... I went to Australia for holiday back in 2001 and spotted them at Sea World where they sold many PpG merchandise, and I started watching them on Astro (our local pay TV provider), where I had too much time to spend, having quitted from my job and waiting for everything to settle in prior to my departure to Brisbane, Australia for my studies.

Knowing how big of a fan I am to Power Puff Girls, my colleague Dorene told me about these Power Puff Girls pocket tissue packs that was in the supermarket she shopped in, and as a pocket tissue pack collector herself, she bought a normal pack of 12 of the PpG girls tissue and showed one of them to me. And seeing how I liked it so badly, she was really kind enough to give me the set of 4 different designs that come in a pack of 12 (the remaining 8 comes in repetition of the 4 designs). The tissue was rolled out by our local tissue manufacturer Nibong Tebal Paper Mill - with the brand Premier Kids for this Power Puff Girls range. It even has the PpG logo at the back with the TM of Cartoon Network at the back, as PpG is a trademark of Cartoon Network.

I bought a pack of 12 myself during my recent shopping trip with my parents:-
Here's a closer look at the 4 different designs of the tissue packs:-

A little background intro to PowerPuff Girls first : It consists of 3 cute little girls, all creations of a professor who used everything nice to 'potionise' and out came these 3 little girls each with unusual superpowers. They all live in the City of Townsville, where these 3 little girls go to kindy just like any other kids, but when the mayor of the city notices trouble from the bad guys, he will alert the PowerPuff Girls' direct line(located both at their kindy and in their home) and they will come to the rescue :D

So there are 3 distinct 'colours' to PowerPuff Girls - they are Bubbles (Light Blue); Blossom (Orange); and Buttercup (Green). Bubbles always wears her hair in 2 buns while Blossom wears her long hair in pony tail; Buttercup having the shortest boy cut hair and is the more boyish one.

My fave of them all is Bubbles! Coz she's very cute and always the manja (cute and spoilt) one.. hehe..

Anyway, back to the tissue *ahem*, I find the artwork a bit unusual as PpG is always the little girls but the artwork portrayed the PpG to be slightly too matured with lady-like attributes such as having make-up (lipstick), wearing heels and matured longer dresses, and most importantly, keeping longer hair that makes them more matured-looking and lady-like. It's as if the 'authors' attempted to speed up the growing up process of the PpGs, by giving us a glimpse of how the girls will look like in 10 yrs' time :S

Personally, I don't really fancy this 'look' they've portrayed, I rather have back the cute li'l PpGs that run around doing the things that kids do, yet having the bravery and power to combat the evils. All in all, I still like the pocket tissue packs - I like everything that has them in it anyway :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the compact M'sian tissues....the pink packet with the PpG character looks cool. I bet you're not gonna use those tissues ever!

jadephoenix said...

my colleague actually keeps them and never opens the tissue packs she collects and she already has boxes filled with the tissue packs! But not me though, I just keep 4 of them and use the rest :)

Oh btw, I just bought a pack of 4 mini tissue boxes - u guessed it - all PpG's as well! Made by the same company.. will post 'em up soon

Anonymous said...

cool, i am looking forward to see those boxes. i think it would look good with matching "shells". hehe...