Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Part II - Jakarta training trip

C'mon... gimme a break, I know I'm a freak but hey, this is, afterall my first ever trip 'abroad' that I don't have to fork out the money coz it's all under company account so here I am again, talking about it ;)

Anyway, the first part actually went on more about the hotel I stayed in, some of the scenery captures but there're still some details I find quite interesting. As a re-cap, I went on a training trip to Jakarta from June 2nd to 5th, visiting 2 of our paper mills - Serang and Pindo Deli.

During our first official training at Serang mill, we were served some rather interesting packet drinks, some rather uncommon ones if compared to the ones we get here:-















(L-R) Sosro Teh Botol; Ultra Sari Kacang iJo; GoGo Strawberry juice drink and GoGo Guava juice drink

We were served these drinks when we came back to the meeting room after a sweaty mill tour surrounding the paper machines as well as the finishing area, QA/QC area as well as the warehouse and loading area. By the time I got back from the ladies, there were still 2 unopened packet drink left - GoGo Strawberry and the green bean drink (Ultra sari Kacang iJo), as I was feeling really thirsty, I thought I'd go for GoGo Strawberry instead of the green bean drink. There was, however, another Teh Botol which my colleague was telling me how nice it tasted and she was comtemplating to keep it so she could drink it later tomorrow, so I didn't choose it.

All in all, GoGo Strawberry tasted fine, probably due to my high level of thirst and all the drinks were refrigerated (from the pic where droplets of water can be seen); and I actually tried some of my colleague's Teh Botol she had during the first half of the meeting and the tea in the packet really tasted good! not too sweet and it tasted just right. I am, however, still rather fascinated and keen to try how the green bean drink would've tasted like - as it said "Nikmat & Bergizi" on the outside; but I was really too lazy to keep them in my bag as it was heavily loaded with stuff like my passport, camera, purse, notebook, mobile, etc etc.. and most importantly, we were heading for shopping mall afterwards so it'll be kinda inconvenient to be shop shop and shopping away with a bag full of stuff.

Anyhow, you would've guessed it - i'm gonna go back to Nikko Hotel again, just can't get enough of it. I managed to capture the 2-tier snack/pantry area of my room and there were tempting goodies on display on the top tier, as if saying "come... you'll like me, take me!...... and pay the price!"














There were Loackers that come in 2 flavours, one of which is 'Vanille', a cute mini-sized Mr. Potato (competitor of Pringles), Oreo chocolate biscuits, Toblerone chocolate and a Mr. P dunno-what - I suppose it's a nutty snack kinda thing.

View of the bottom tier:-














On the bottom tier, there is the usual 'water boiler' that comes in a cute roundish outlook, put in place in an upside down manner until guests wanted to use them; tea bags, coffee, sweetener and sugar sachets, and I was most impressed by the so-called mineral water they provided us! It was not any normal mineral water that comes in a plastic bottle, it's actually Danone Aqua brand water that comes in a glass bottle! Wow honestly I've never seen one of these before. We were given 2 bottles in our room coz my colleague and I were sharing a room and it is really a good service to always have our items replenished every single day until the day we check out. The 2 Danone Aqua water were replaced everyday, the toilettries' items were replaced everyday from the shower cap to bath, shower, hygiene set, soap, tissue boxes, but unfortunately not the toilet rolls. The toilet rolls were quite thin but they were smooth, nevertheless the quality was a bit average for a 5-star hotel :) but hey, we do get house slippers, bathrobes, replenished Nikko Hotel big paper bags (one of my collectable items), and many more amenities.

Anyhow, the service has been excellent and I really liked the hotel. Awesome. Well, it should be, considering that it cost around USD 90++ per night, and we stayed for 3 nights... hmmm :)


No comments: