Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Perfume Galore!

This post will feature 2 of my most recent additions to my perfume family, let's start off with the most recent one:- Yves Saint Lurent Baby Doll Candy Pink EDT (Limited Edition)















I received this as a pressie from Catherine - my dear fren whom I've known and grew very fond of in my Ozie years - who visited me in KL in June - she handpicked the perfume by telling the promoter that i'm a girl who's crazy, outgoing, happy and always young (LOL) and this is what the promoter recommended her.

The packaging looks really candy-ish with the signature YSL logo in the middle of the word 'Babydoll' - with each letter in 4 different shades of Purple/Pink (only 2 repetitions) - the other side of the packaging actually shows how the actual bottle within looks like but I rather take the actual shot of the bottle instead:-














The bottle is really nice-looking, living up to its whole concept of baby-doll-like attributes of twirl-like pink candy-like lines and girlish features such as the multi-dimensional diamond-like cap and it comes in a top-like shape and it can really spin! Look at it in action:-















Upon searching on the Internet, the original version of Baby Doll comes with a Gold cap instead of this silver one and there are no candy twirl-like designs etched on the surface of the bottle so it's all plain.. I'm glad I got this limited edition one - Thanks dear Catherine! Love ya!

As for the scent - the description on the outer packaging tells all - "A whirl of pink tones and delicious candy notes. A fresh and transparent floral-fruity harmony'. I couldn't agree more with this description coz it's really candy yet not too over-powering and you can still sense the floral and fruity touches to it - simply lifts up your day if you don't feel too happy!

Up next will be a perfume that I bought myself, which I had to pre-order it as it ran out of stock at that time - introducing Donna Karen New York's "Be Delicious"














The outer box comes in brown with the bold DKNY Donna Karen New York appearing in the middle and an oval-shaped "Be Delicious 100% Pure New York" label right on top of the wording - just like the labels on apples. The bottle looks just like a half-apple with the other half being silver-chrome with a tiny dent on one side, giving it the infamous Apple look.

Due to financial constraints at that time and my usual preference of getting 50 ml perfumes instead of larger bottles for reasons of having perfume varieties, I opted for 50ml instead of the 100ml size that the promoter recommended me. There is a distinct difference in the bottles for different sizes. The 50 ml comes in the Apple-shaped bottle like the 100 ml ones but the upper portion opens up completely to reveal the spray head; whilst the 100ml ones do not open at all and it is sprayed directly from the top.















The scent of Be Delicious really mesmerises me not in terms of intensity but how refreshing it is...with a light hint of apple scent.. its light-weightness and i like the bottle a lot as well!

No comments: