Saturday, August 13, 2005

Haze Attack!

Don't know whether it's a curse or something, On Thursday 11th Aug our colleagues in Subang (KL) were just sending us shots of how severe the haze situation in KL was and we were horrified to view the pics for ourselves coz it was totally dim, dark, and you can almost 'feel' the thickness of the haze just by looking at the pics alone.

Thereafter, I personally took some shots from our office in Penang and sent the pics to them not to be sarcastic or show off how blue our skies were, but just to share with them how it's like in Penang, well I personally find it a bit odd to have such severe situation in KL while not far away in Penang we are still able to enjoy clear blue skies.. how wrong have we been coz just shortly yesterday (12th Aug), after 1 or 2pm, our clear blue skies have been robbed from us and the long dreaded haze is fast approaching.... ironically, the situation in KL is getting better and better with visibility levels getting higher as well as te API (Air Pollutant Index) recorded lower in average.

I managed to take some shots from my apartment on 12th Aug 6:30pm and in comparison with the shots taken today (13th Aug @ 11:30am), the haze is getting worse by the minute. I woke up being greeted with the smell of haze and even as I type now, with my table fan directed only to myself, I am still inhaling smoked haze.... bummer...
Even while the winds are blowing quite strongly outside, it doesn't seem to have sufficient power to entirely blow away the haze, and I can even see sunlight struggling to get through the blanket of haze only to find light orangish sheds of sunlight that made it through to our grounds.

There's a large-scale concert to be held at Fort Cornwallis tonight called Summer 8 degrees concert and previously the radio stations have been heavily promoting it, citing that the although the haze situation is getting to an emergency level in KL, nevertheless the weather in Penang has not been affected. Now I just can't imagine the crowd that will still be flocking the place to catch the concert - I know I won't... what the hell for anyway? It's gonna be aired live on TV anyway. Nothing's worth risking your health, especially something like this.

No comments: