Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Weird People

Came back from lunch this afternoon, colleague parked her car on multistorey carpark at 6th floor as usual.

Saw 2 people - a man and a lady stepping out from their car with the plate "MAA xxxx", gathering some of their cases and documents.

I pressed on the lift "^" (our office is on the 12th floor), suddenly my colleague said she forgot her sunspecs *ai mei* (always wanna be pretty) so she dashed back to her car to get it.

Meanwhile, the lady we saw earlier came with 2 fairly huge document cases (looked like they're about to explode anytime soon), and so I held the lift with one hand (actually I was just waiting for my colleague), the lady spoke:

"Wait for Mr. Chong, he's coming soon".

I didn't reply her. I guess they must be some hot shot of MAA or something (judging from their car number plate) Did I mention before that our building is called MAA Tower?

Anyhow I waited, not for Mr. Chong (whoever that may be), I was waiting for Dorene, mind you. Dorene came and just when she was entering the lift I still held on to the door and reiterated what the lady said "Wait for Mr. Chong, he's coming soon".

So while waiting (thinking what on earth are we doing waiting for this guy?), I asked the lady "Which Floor?" and she spoke in language that sounded like alien language to me "xxx division, xxxxx, Ms. Tan". I went like "HUH?????????" (in my mind) totally clueless.

Dorene finally spoke up "You wanna go to MAA office is it?"
Lady : "Yes"
Dorene: "So it should be... i think... 8th floor"
Lady : "I'm not sure also... Ms. Tan there.."
Dorene: "Actually the whole building is not MAA only, there are other offices one"
Lady: "Oh is it? Then I think I'll wait up for Mr. Chong first..."

................. And off she went out.

We both thought to ourselves : How can people just simply assume that everyone is working FOR them? Based on nothing at all? Although the damn building is belonging to the company, eventhough YOU are the CEO of the company, doesn't mean every Tom Dick and Harry who happens to appear in the building are all under you and they're expected to know everything about your company as well as looking highly up to you? I just find it very interesting that there ARE such people who simply take things for granted, Just like that.

Come on......... Grow up!

* Applaude to Dorene for telling her the fact * = clap clap clap clap clap clap =

No comments: