Monday, April 10, 2006

Fireworks marking the start & end of CNY 2006

Yet another backdated post on fireworks which went off on the 29th Day prior to our Lunar Chinese New Year and also the fireworks for the Chap Goh Meh(15th - last day of Chinese New Year) celebration, arranged by the residential committee where we stay.

First up - this year's Chinese New Year reunion dinner arrangement was a bit special as normally we will have our reunion dinner at our own home with all 5 of us - Grandma, Mom & Dad, my brother and myself only; whereas this year, we had to go over to my 3rd Uncle's holiday condo right across the road as all of my 2nd uncle and 3rd uncle's family members are all there, so they've all decided that it's more 'lau juak' to have the whole pack of family members over there for the reunion dinner.

Well, in the end, it was more like a reunion-help-yourself-buffet-style dinner with a widespread varieties of goodies like the ever famous Jiu Hoo Char (a Hokkien delicacy which has vegies, meat and cuttlefish strips in it) - with the recipe and execution being passed down from my grandma to my mom now; Pao Hoo Tu Tor Th'ng (Abalon and Pig's stomach soup); Sio Bak (Roasted pork); curry chicken; and many more....

So after enjoying a damn good and filling dinner we get to enjoy some fireworks that a close-by apartment community have put up - but I just managed to get 2 shots coz my cousins were all busy cam-cording away..




























# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

As for Chap Goh Meh, our community arranges fireworks display every year and residences can contribute financially to the fireworks session which lasts for about 5-10 minutes. Names of the residants who contribute are all posted on the glass panel for all to view the total being accumulated.

While I was chatting away with a friend who called for some mental consultation on his relationship problem, suddenly the fireworks came up! It was so damn loud and cracked right in front of the window of my room! I quickly asked my friend to pause and used my phone to capture all the fireworks clearly displayed right in front of my room.. they're beautiful; although they're nothing compared to the ones I've seen in Brisbane which is much more massive and grand in both in scale and in complexity; but this will do it, coz it's very rare to see fireworks in SUCH CLOSE UP! ANd the feeling is overwhelming.. it's just like lots of rainbow appearing continuously in different shades of colour right in front of you....

Enjoy!

























































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice fireworks....!
u definitely did bomb your blog after a while of not posting anything...but i'm glad that you're back.

work hard, but keep a balance in between all things, k? i know you can do it. ;)