Friday, April 07, 2006

Housewarming & Welcoming Baby!

Any similarities between the both? Can't think of one? They're both auspiscious occassions la! C'mon use your bLain, use your bLain..[quote: Phua Chu Kang]

Before my God-Sis invited me to her housewarming party on 7th Jan, I've already bought her a gift to congratulate her in moving into her very own house since it's really good news for her! She really deserved it coz the discipline and hardwork she put in to realise her dream was really something commendable and should be looked up to. I still remember how she told me to put off at least 40% of your pay every month so that I can have a comfortable amount of money by end of the day. I really salute her for being able to follow this rule faithfully and now she can even afford nearly RM 40k worth of renovation, imagine that....

So I got her something warm, literally - a table lamp which is very unique coz it's made of natural pieces like sea shells, wood, thick recycled paper etc. I thought it could artify and add some element to the living room or her bedroom or something :)

And that the place where I bought her gift, the wrapping is given free! Initially I was a bit upset due to the amount of time I had to wait for the person to wrap my gift for me, but the wait was quite worth it coz the result was nice! I chose the light purple wrapper, btw














The bowtie was nicely done, the top and bottom folds were 100% symmetrical! I'm going crazy coz all my life (so far) I can say I'm not bad of a gift wrapper myself but the symmetrical triangle folds at the ends were just too damn good!














Check it out! It's... THAT symmetrical alrite!














~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
OK, my dear honey's childhood pal and best fren have just been officially promoted to dad status and I've bought some little somethings for the new mama as well to congratulate them for having the first baby and it's a BOY (verryy envious) too! After my honey bought his share of the gift, I bought the wrapper and gave it a good touch up and here's the result!














The gifts themselves have no firm corners nor box so it's quite a challenge to actually pack up the thing in a nice manner so my handikraft is already as good as it gets. I particularly liked the cute baby tweety patterns with different expressions! See......










No comments: