Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My paintings.. dated back to 10+ years ago

Earlier this month before Chinese New Year I brought up the courage to really clean up 2 rooms full of my stuffs (loads of them), cleaning and re-organising them to make way for more space in both my room and my grandma's room... and finally, I knew where all my paintings went - stored away in one of the secluded and forgotten area within my grandma's room...

The paintings brought back so many fond memories of me going to Ms. Nellie's weekly art class, having a great time chatting with her and drawing/painting at the same time... She's a really talented artist and full of patience as well.. my dad didn't really like her coz he felt she's a bit money-faced coz most of her students are kids of filthy rich people, and come to think of it I'm not really sure how I ended up in her class anyway *grinz*

I have always been very poor in art during my schooling days and became really sad and frustrated with it.. and so my parents finally let me go for art class, and can you believe it? I ended up attending Ms. Nellie's art class for 6 years! Actually the final few years were just for past time coz there were no longer art subjects in the upper secondary, so it was more like a weekly session of relaxation in the form of painting....
Well, I thought i'd share some of the nice drawings and paintings to all of you, hope you guys enjoy it!

Pen art:

Crayon art:

Pencil :
Colour pencil :
The twin lobster colour pencil drawing above is actually a replica of Ms. Nellie's piece as Eden Restaurant hired her as the artist for their menu last time and I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to try it out and the drawing turned out to be a piece which I am proud of...
Poster Colour:

The painting above is one of the poster colour paintings which Ms. Nellie and myself were very proud of - hence the reason for framing it up - it currently hangs on the wall of my grandma's bedroom




Water Colour:
Notice the huge difference in the paint quality of the 2 colour tubes? Coz the upper one was painted by Ms. Nellie while the bottom one was painted by me :-) haha... that's why she will forever be my art teacher coz her skills are defnitely extraordinary...
This painting was based on Ms. Nellie's little toddler's shoes back then and I could never imagine a tiny shoe as such could be portrayed in such a detailed manner... Ms. Nellie actually helped me in this one, especially the minor details... else it wouldn't be as nice as it is now

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huaaa... didn't know you draw.

jadephoenix said...

Haha! So now you know :)

Anonymous said...

nice ler the pix....
u can frame them up :)