Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pintail @ Penang Road

Pintail is one of the 'lou tei fong' (Catonese : usual meeting place) amongst me and my fellow ex-colleagues.. its specialty lies within the chef's ability to come up with a variety of different main courses for their set lunch menus... all tasting equally good and value for money too! Each set lunch menu is priced at around RM15+, and you get a starter, a main course, a dessert and a coffee/tea.

Went with my ex-colleague Dorene and Ah Peng as we totally ran out of idea on where to eat :)

This is the main door:-
Check out the surroundings:-

They always had 2 choices of main course for their set lunch and Peng and I ordered the Moscow Chicken while Dorene ordered its Fish (haha, forgotten the actual name again)

The mushroom soup starter:-
My Moscow chicken's shot is very blur, maybe coz I was too hungry and hence too eager to get my hands on it :)

I didn't get a picture of Dorene's fish.... and I forgot why I didn't :)

The dessert was special - it's a warm Jackfruit/sago pudding! It tasted really nice - the jackfruit complimented the sago well and the taste is not overly sweet as well!
All in all, Pintail has been around for years and years now and will continue to have its strings of supporters just like us, keep up the creative cooking and menu variation!

On a side note, we went to Oriental Club to spend our afternoon and didn't head home til approaching 7pm... and check out the bad jam EVERYWHERE, I guess people are making their way back to hometown earlier and earlier each year:-

No comments: