Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Seoul Garden Korean Restaurant - Gurney Drive

Had a date on the eve of Valentine's Day with an old friend whom I just recently started really keeping in touch with, where we had Korean food, and this time wasn't an exception.. I'm actually on a quest to find my ultimate Korean spicy egg soup but til today, to no avail... I had the best while I was in Australia last time where my Korean friend Jin brought me to all the possible nice Korean food restaurants/outlets he could find in Brisbane...
Anyway, this time me and my friend went to Seoul garden where I heard thumbs up comments on the food quality, by friends and especially Korean colleagues.
Korean dish utensils have always been made of metal, and are long and slim - they looked nice, elegant and had a good grip to them - but, they get very heavy once you hold onto them too long, haha!
We were early (to beat the after-school traffic) for dinner, and after some recommendations from the attendant, ordered the Beef marinated ribs, steamed dumplings and a ToFu soup.

The complimentary side dishes that comes with every Korean meal:-
All of the side dishes tasted good! But one thing to note is that the Kimchi is really spicy! which it's supposed to be anyway ;)
This is the 'built-in stove' where the attendant is going to barbeque the ribs for us...
The ribs...
After some snip snip, the attendant placed the strips on it,
.................and she comes back once in a while to flip them over til it's cooked.

The dumplings were not really special or anything, we thought that the skin is a bit too thick and tough...
The soup was hot in the beginning but went cold extremely fast, hence didn't taste so good after that, but it contained a lot of goodies like sausages (?) clear noodles, veggies, tofu, etc.
The bill came up to about RM120 (with the beef ribs being the major contributor) but again, good to dine like this once every blue moon :) coz the ribs tasted really goooood

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to a restaurant in Juru also named Seoul Garden... but it appears to be a different place altogether. They serve Korean style steamboat BBQ there.

jadephoenix said...

Yeah.. it seems that a lot of Korean restaurants around here name themselves as Seoul Garden.. i think the one @ the basement of Gurney Plaza is also named the same :S

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce a great
article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don't seem to get nearly anything done.


Look into my web page ... medifast reviews