Thursday, January 01, 2009

So long 2008 . . . here's to a good 2009 ahead

Looking back at year 2008, I saw myself enduring many challenges which I never would've imagined going through ever.

^ I experienced the uphill climb of assisting in the set-up of a start-up company - trying my best to put chaos into order;
^ struggled to manage the downhill relationship between me and my immediate manager - someone bearing very differing values compared to myself;
^ questioned myself countless times why I am still in such a stressful yet unrewarding job, which demands an average of more than 14 hours' of work time on a typical work day - in night shift;
^ not being blessed by anyone in the family nor my dear in taking up such a dreadful night shift job, posing health and safety risks to myself;
^ most part of my 2008 had been nothing but engulfed in my job - work days, off days, holidays, even days when I'm on leave - never a day passes by without 'work' haunting my mind


On the sunny side of it . . .

# I had the privilege of knowing and working with some of the best talents that I didn't know existed - your wisdom, commitment at work, support for me, and most important of all, FRIENDSHIP - had made me feel tiny in many ways - to all my fellow co-workers, you have made me see many beautiful values that a person could have, and refreshed my faith in true friendship that is possible, and is free from politics at the workplace
# my bf of 6 1/2 years proposed to me on my pre-birthday celebration with a bouquet of roses and a card bearing the golden question
# the relationship between my bf and I have been closer than ever, despite our distances, and we cherish every moment that we get to spend with each other dearly, though we still have our fair share of differences in opinions and arguments, end of the day, we cherish each other more than ever
# I feel very blessed and grateful to know I am always surrounded with people who truly cares about me, be it rain or shine in my life - I don't have to name names, you know who you are and I want you to know how important it is to me to have you in my life - Thank You... you make me realize that all hope is not lost when I've made the harsh decision to quit my job in Nov, under such rough atmosphere of global financial crisis
# I am finally taking a big break, resting and doing things I enjoy - spending time with my family, catching up with friends, enjoying new-found freedom, blogging, establishing a new blog, enjoying a healthy lifestyle with frequent work-out, one that is also free of illnesses and migraine strikes
# we finally found our future home in an area we really liked, at a price that is considered reasonable enough for us to commit to

No comments: