Thursday, January 01, 2009

X'mas & New Year eves...

What I did on X'mas eve...

~ py picked me up & we headed for lunch @ Sakae Sushi (Gurney Plaza new wing), I offered to pay but was declined as he claimed this meal to be an x'mas present from him
~ after lunch we did some shopping within the plaza - what a shopper he turned out to be :| buying more than me.. I myself bought a set of 3 pieces of baby clothings for my newly-born nephew (Dec 23 '08); a CK long-sleeve shirt that was on sale for my dear, and last but not least, a 3-quarter casual pants for myself
~ we had a short yam cha @ Segafredo's as well - also on py (I prefer to believe this to be due to his generosity instead of pitying my current employment state :P)
~ py dropped me home at about 4.30pm and I handed him his x'mas pressie together with some pressies for my ex-cols which needed his help to hand over on x'mas day
~ Got myself ready by 8pm, picked up by Cody with a car full of friends I haven't been hanging out for quite some time now - BH, HL and his gf Rachel
~ we headed for Fettes Park Western Food only to find out that the area's out of electricity :S what an x'mas eve dinner it was
~ we still proceeded to dine 'romantically' in the darkness only lit up by a candle on each tables
~ Food was fabulous as usual
~ my dear arrived shortly - all the way from KL - he had Cordon Bleu while I had Fish & Chips
~ we made our way to Gurney Place afterwards and hovered like a hawk over a table of folks until they can no longer 'tahan' our stares and offered us one out of their 2 tables for us :D @ Coffee Bean
~ we were not only entertained by the live band on a stage set up near Dome, but also from a guy so into his own dance moves just beside our table, Cody even offered him party packs and glow sticks
~ witnessed fireworks lit up along Gurney Drive from where we were seated after the X'mas countdown
~ left for home about 1:30am

New Year's Eve

* Woke up at about 9am again, received sms from Dorene asking me out for yam cha as they're on half day work only
* Left home earlier than planned at about 1030am, to the bank's to withdraw my overdue FD
* got impatient at the bank's for the long wait time (and that being my second trip due to long queues the day before)
* when it was finally my turn, got more pissed when I was told by the teller that I had to go to the HQ office to withdraw my FD, that I couldn't do it at that branch. When questioned why the FD slip did not state the exact branch of the FD, the teller pointed at a row of what seemed like gebrish code to me and said that that's the HQ code. I then questioned the teller again why the branch name could not be printed in English on the FD slip itself just like other FD slips I have with the same bank? Was questioned back by the kurang ajar teller "don't you know which branch you have the FD opened with?" And that set off my hot button and I told her in the face "How am I supposed to remember all the opening branches of all my many FDs??" She then offered to update my FD but I said "No thanks, this is not helpful at all and mind you, this is the second trip i'm making here in 2 consecutive days" and marched off
* Went home and complained summore to my mom and by bf (over the phone) how I would never ever open anymore FDs (not with the stupid bank anymore anyways)
* Had a nice mommy-cooked meal for lunch at home
* Went and met up with the folks at GT office, exchanged some silly jokes and laughters
* Driven by Dorene to Starbuck's at New World Park where we had Dark Cherry Mocha Frap - on Dorene again (buy 1 free 1 too), talked some more crap, exchanged Happy New Year wishes and went home at about 5pm
* Did TaeBo workout from 6pm - 645pm
* Allowed some time to cool off and got ready for NY eve outing with the girls at 7.15pm
* Waited . . and waited . . for Mun to pick me up . . supposedly at 7.30pm :P
* While waiting, opened my credit card statement mail, only to find out I've been charged a good RM 26.09 for finance charges and got so mad that I picked up the phone and called them to interrogate
* while doing so, Mun called as she had reached my house
* Got Jasmine, the agent who answered my call, to mail me the freaking finance charges calculation as well as waive off the RM 26.09 before ending the call with an exchange of Happy New Year :)
* Had an unusually smooth and traffic-jam-less ride from my house to Gurney Plaza with surprisingy ample parking spaces at the basement car park at about 9pm
* Met up with Ling and her hubby Suu at Kim Gary's for (late) dinner
* Experienced our first ever Kim Gary dining experience up to the moment they officially ended their business for the day
* Proceeded to head to Gurney Place downstairs via the lifts, but they seem to not be working, so we used the stairs instead
* Shocked to see the massive crowds of people already packed at Gurney Place at about 1040pm
* Couldn't find any seats in any of the outlets there, continued to move ourselves and lucky us, managed to seat ourselves inside the recently-redecorated Dome at a table marked 'Reserved' - shows how VIP we were heh? :P
* Chit chatted at Dome until countdown time
* all of us rushed outside to witness the fireworks adorning the sky right on top of Gurney Place - I took some pics and a video of the fireworks as well as the huge crowd
* By the time we returned to Dome after what seemed like forever, Mun paid the bills already, the waitress also cleared our tables accordingly. Problem is, I was supposedly to still have 70% of my iced chocolate *sobz*!
* we were surprised to chance upon the weird 'dancing to himself' guy yet again (the one from x'mas eve)! He was doing none other than dancing, this time, right in front of the stage, all by himself!
* Mun and I parted with Ling & Suu about 1230am, and we headed for QE II where my sai low was at
* enjoyed another relatively smooth slightly traffic-jammy ride from Gurney to QE II
* tried to call and sms sai low when we reached but he's most prolly too drunk to respond
* we then paid for the entrance - I ordered Vodka lime while Mun had Tequila; we then tried to navigate our way thru the packed place but no signs of him either
* hung around summore at the front with our drinks and finally he called back
* the moment sai low saw me, he grabbed me by the hand and wanted to lead me to the table but I had to call Mun and get my drink as well ma...
* after making sure I got Mun and our drinks, he led me through the crowds by the hand, to the table where him and his friends were hanging out - around the centre area of QEII
* Mun was literraly 'under attack' by the buayas there - but it was practically one of the guys who was the most annoying
* I then complained to sai low and ask him to get his friend not to disturb Mun anymore
* buaya kept going and 'harassed' the kelian Mun who's still seated
* another guy went to her rescue, with sai low rescuing her once as well
* witnessed very gross 'dance moves' by sai low and his friends - 3 guys dancing with their hips together, some face-to-face while some face-to-back :S
* I danced with one of sai low's friend Chris - who happened to be a pretty cheeky but okay chap
* sai low offered me beer a few times
* Chris took pics for me and sai low, he also took few pics with me with his mobile
* Mun declined a few invites to dance as she wasn't comfortable dancing with folks she just met the first time and not familiar with
* sai low, drunk like hell but can still keep dancing and dancing like the Duracell bunny, haha!
* we bid Chris and sai low goodbye at about 2:50am
* I wanted to visit my ex team who're still working but didn't manage to get hold of Dz via call or sms - wasn't sure if my ex team or another team was on that night
* reached home at 3.15am
* cam-whored in my room while waiting for Mun to call indicating she's reached home safely
* sai low and some other people's sms-es finally came in at about 4am - very much delayed! :O
* called Dz and wished him happy new year and asked him to help convey my new year wishes to the team :D

In all, it had been quite a while since I had the opportunity to spend my X'mas and New Year's eve outside of work - and it's ironic that the only time I can enjoy both occassions is when I'm not employed :P


No comments: